New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shaik khaja moinuddin (medical practitioner )     27 September 2023

Action against the public authorities for noncompliance of the petition and provoking perpetrator

Hello Sir/Madam!

I own a roadside land and a person erected an illegal hoarding on the buffer zone (land between my land and the road).

Though I raised objection to his construction, he continued to construct and the same collapsed within 2 days of erection with his hoardings (adds), and the same collapsed in my land.

The same was intimated through a petition to the secretary of gram panchayat, Dist. Collector, NHAI, Station House Officer, Assistant Commissioner of Police, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Commissioner of Police.

In spite of the intimation, none of the officers or their representatives took any action on the objection raised by me.   

After the collapse, again the same person started to erect the collapsed hoarding with the help of a crane and during this process, I raised my objection through representation before the Gram panchayat secretary.

 Since they came to know my objections, they themselves damaged the studs of the hoarding bed at night and they reported the damage to the local police station against me.

I was called to the Police Station and I was questioned for damage which was not done by me. Further, the SHO suspected that I was responsible as I was raising objections vehemently. When I refused to admit, the SHO advised the complainants to give representation against me that I abused verbally against their community since they are SC/ST attracting SC/ST POA Act.

Threatening me of the dire consequences of filing the FIR SC/ST attracting SC/ST POA Act against me, the SHO forced me to bear the construction of a new hoarding bed which had earlier collapsed due to hailstorms in the summer months.  

I would like to inform you that both the SHO and the complainant are from SC/ST backgrounds. I came to know about their common background after visiting the police station.

The behavior of the SHO at the police station and the incidents prior to that were already informed to the DGP, Commissioner, and DCP through a registered letter.

Now my humble request to you is if any serious action can be taken against the SHO for his misbehavior at the police station and for provoking the complainants against me for filing the SC/ST POA Act and for noncompliance to the petition which was initially presented to all the public authorities (the secretary gram panchayat, Dist. Collector, NHAI, Station House Officer, Asst Commissioner of Police, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Commissioner of Police).    

Your reply to the above query is appreciated and remain thankful in anticipation.

with regards 




 3 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 September 2023

You have allowed the issue to be complicated. As such, the remedy is in moving the Court. You also have the option in approaching the Police Complaints Authority, if such an authority has been established in the State,

Sudhir P   28 September 2023

File writ petition with direction from high court

Complain to lokayukta 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 September 2023

you can file a writ petition in high courts. 

The primary reasons for requiring a writ petition are:

  1. To help people defend their rights against judicial orders
  2. To ensure that the higher authorities of the legal system provide an alternative to the aggrieved in case of an accusation
  3. To guarantee that justice is delivered and not obstructed

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register