LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Khatri (Executive)     21 December 2013

Action against builder for poor quality and incomplete work

I am Deepak Khatri, resident of Soham Residency, Vadodara,  the Apartment which construction completed in Mar'13 by Sudarshan Developers, Vadodara (Mr.Vijay Agrawal & Mr.Ritesh Agrawal). Follwing are the points against which i want to know, what action can be taken aginst the Builder:

1) Insufficient Corporation water connections i.e. there are only 3 corporation water supply connections taken between 2 towers of 16 flats in each i.e 32 flats.

2) Poor Quality of work done, i.e poor plumbing and electrical work, due to which water leakages in multiple drain point in the building.

3) Builder has not prepare the road to enter into the apartment as shown in the brochure, actually the parking land area builder has shown in the brochure is the Question mark.

4) Insufficient  Underground and Overhead water storage Tanks

5)  OTIS Lift work is not completed, as 8 months have already passed.

6)  Amenities like Children Play Area, Name and Numbering of flats, Letter box etc work not completed which was agreed upon at the time of Purchase.

7)  Possession letter, Land related documents, Builder permission plan, 7/12 Copy etc are not provided since 8 months passed.

8)  At the time of purchase builder had collected Rs 110000/- from each flat , Till date builder had not given accounts for the expenses i.e. maintenance, electrical installations (transformer), Registry etc.

Can you plz suggets me the legal action that i can take against the builder. We had several time asked builder to complete the work but he is not in the mood to completed his work.


 4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     21 December 2013

Issue legal notice to the builder claiming damages for not providing better service by giving time to him.  If he failed then file a consumer case against him.

BAALASUBRAMANNYAMM (Advocate)     21 December 2013

Have you formed a residential society. If formed, better to give a notice to the builder demanding to rectify all your needs. In turn, the society can also issue a notice to the authority, to which the building plan was approved and other connected departments. The builder should have to complete the ventures as per the specifications made in the brochure. Failing which, the society is entitled to initiate legal proceedings against them, before even Consumer Forum also. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 December 2013

I dont think a society would have been formed so soon, hence issue a legal notice to the builder notifying him all the deficiencies and demand him to rectify the defects at once failing which you may initiate appropriate legal action against him either through a consumer forum or civil court.

2 Like

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     07 January 2017

Yes issue legal notice to builder for compliance as per agreement.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register