Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

P S Jaya sankar   17 February 2022

act and rule difference

sirs,
Can I get interpretation or difference in laymen language between Gratuity Act 1972 and Gratuity (Central) rules 1972.
Also, inform whether the organisation has to follow act or rules.
thanks

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 February 2022

'Act" always means a statute enacted through Parliament and superior of all in every context.

Rules and regulations are formed in the individual organizations on the basis of limited powers vested with authority.

EX: Right to Information states the rights of citizens in seeking information from the public under RTI Act.  The Act states that the public authorities are free to fix charges/fees for seeking information and for copying fees.

Central Govt fixed Rs.10/- as a fee and sends reply by Speed post and individual state governments have prescribed their own fee which is higher and some states collect such postage also.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 February 2022

Rules are framed by concerned department to implement laws passed by legislature.

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 February 2022

What is the context for this query. To my knowledge, the Act and the Rule, as stated, are not in the statute book.

P S Jaya sankar   19 February 2022

Sir,

Context is perhaps clear to my querry i.e. Payment of Gratuity Act 1972 and Payment of Gratuity (Rules) 1972.Alternatively, can I get link for statute book, which perhaps may help me to find out.

Thanks

Jayasankar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register