Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sibu (Salaried)     03 March 2014

Accident claim opinion

Hello Sirs/Madam,

I need you your opinion about the recent events happened to me.

2 weeks ago, Me and my father were going to a shopping mall in my car.

The Car is registered under my name only. I have a valid insurance and license.

The Road was a service road (2 ways) with a maximum capacity of 2 cars side by side.

The Mall's entrance was on left side. Upon reaching the gate, I turned on my left indicator and tried turning left.

Within that time a bike with 2 people riding overtook from left side (wrong side) and hit my car side panels.

As a result they fell and dragged. The driver of bike had only cut and little bruise.

The pillion rider however was little serious as bike fell on him.

I did not wanted them to leave them suffering even though they came from incorrect side.

I took them from hospital, had them scanned. Doctor confirmed no fracture, however advised for full bed rest and one day observation for the pillion rider, for which the they have to keep him admitted.

However their family decided not to keep him in hospital.

They signed a NOC in Hospital that they would take care of the person.

As they were not from high spending family, I still gave them 2500 for Bike repair.

I also paid the scanning and initial medicines. I have the Hospital Bills for the same.

No police complaint was logged.

Now after 2 weeks, the victims brother is calling and demanding 15000 as Bike repair cost more and they have to take his relatives for check ups regularly.

I told him that it was his relative mistake for overtaking from wrong side, however he is demanding money or he will log police complaint.

I asked to get the bike money recovered from insurance, however he do not agree for that.

I need your expert advice on how to proceed further on this.

I am 100%sure, that I have not done anything illegal and the bike hit me  while he overtook from left side.

Regards,

Sibu

Learning

1 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     04 March 2014

you need to file a complaint with the police about accident done by the unknown person to your car and further threats given by them through mobile number ************. Further, you must have made claim with your insurance company describing the entire episode of accident. Kindly provide copy of the same to the police for their record.

Ensure that the same is done quickly by you.

Regards

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register