Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prateek Kumar D Jain   22 May 2017

Absconding case of an employee

Hi,

I was selected for an embedded systems company in my campus selections. The company offered training with 6000/- rs compensation per month and after completion of training, it would be 2.5 LPA. They have made us sign an agreement of 3 years with the company, if you don't serve for 3 years you have to pay 2Lacs. Along with agreement, they have taken 4 blank cheques. I have joined the company accepting all the terms.

The training period was about to be for 6 months and it was completed for me in 7 months but the organisation has not given me the expected payroll i.e; 2.5LPA. Training has got extended to 1 year and my payroll has not updated. I was even not feeling comfortable with the managers I was working with. So, I have informed all my situation to the HR head of the organisation. They've asked me to leave the company after paying 2 lacs.

I come from a middle-class family 2 lacs rupees is a huge amount and so, the situation made me abscond the company though I have informed HR of the organisation before leaving.

I have received 3 threatening letters from organisation to pay the amount if not, legal actions will be taken. Recently, I have received a notice from the court. I need help, as we are not in a position to pay 2 lacs and we don't want to be dragged into the legal procedures. How can I proceed?

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     22 May 2017

You have grossly erred, from beginning.

You should  have avoided such establishment that asks for cheques/Bond …………….

There was NO need to abscond.

You could have rather found faults and evidences that render employer as unworthy of being employed with.

You have already recived the notice from court.

ASAP approach a very able and senior local counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Labor/service matters with all relevant record starting from, advt/notice for capmpus placement,interview call letter, offer letter, selection letter, appointment letter, Bond/service agreement, training extention letter( 2 numbers), threatening letters, court notice etc etc ……………..and defend you.

Prateek Kumar D Jain   22 May 2017

"You could have rather found faults and evidence that render employer as unworthy of being employed with". What would I achieve with it?
What exactly you would suggest me to do?

It could have helped you to liberate from Bond that you signed without consulting elders of the family, competent and experienced well wishers, employee's/trade unions leaders, a very able and senior local counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Labor/service matters.

Since you signed by your free will and even handed over cheques, employer has approached the court to extarct liquidated damages.

Now court shall decide on merits.

You should ASAP approach a very able and senior local counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Labor/service matters 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register