LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil Vilas   12 June 2019


what happens if I abscond from a govt company and its been 3 months I'm into this .

I have signed a bond of 4LPA and I don't want to mention this experience anywhere.i know this is unethical and I don't have money to pay them
is this possible?


 5 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     13 June 2019

 Please approach the HR of the present Employer and resolve the issue. That is the correct way forward.

1 Like

John Bharath   13 June 2019

It depends on your section...!
On what section you are upconding

John Bharath   13 June 2019

Sry for the english

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     31 May 2021

It does not matter whether you abscond for 3 months or 9 months. The bond, if not void, will remain valid and enforceable. I assume that the employer has your permanent address and won't find much difficult to start a legal proceeding against you.

However, bonds restricting you to leave employment before expiry of a particular period of time is void in terms of Section 27 of the Indian Contract Act. The employer is not allowed to stop you from leaving your service but they are only allowed to recover the amount they have spend in giving you any special training. 

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 November 2021

has any notice/chargesheet issued by the PSU.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query