LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PBS KUMAR (HR - PROFESSIONAL)     15 April 2010


Dear Expert friends,

One of our employee is 'Abscand' from service. We have served Notice (General) and later on Show Cause Notice. Still no reply for our letters and since one month above is abscand from service. What we have to do Shall we remove from the service i.e 'Termination' from the services.?





 5 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     15 April 2010

well, if the employee is absent despite the service of notice then you can remove him from service.


you have acted fairly by giving him a show cause notice, reasonable opportunity has been given to him, now you can act against him.

radha krishna (vp-hr)     15 April 2010

Absconding is an indescipline which falls under Unauthorised Absence.

You have not mentioned the category of employee to decide whether he is covered under the definition of Workman under ID Act.

If you provide this inf we can examine the case of how to go ahead.


Vinod kashyap (Advocate & Legal advisor)     15 April 2010

you will treat him as "abondend the job by their own accord" and you will be stuck off his name from register. But reasonable appprtinuty should be given to him for report on duty. If he report after stuck off his name than you will enquird and terminate as discipilanry action.

Sarjooram Sharma (Assistant Labour commissioner)     16 April 2010

you can take action as per provisions of your approved standing orders.

ranjan (software engineer)     17 April 2010

 you have mentioned already show cause notice has been served and employee has not responded. please keep this proof carefully. and issue one final notice saying why employee name should not be struck off from the rolls considering employee has abondoned the service? if employee won't give any reply to this notice then you can safely struck off his name from the rolls as you will have enough proof to prove employee has abondoned the job.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register