LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram (SE)     11 July 2011

About link documents of property

I have one question related to link documents, how many years we have to keep documents. For example i have bought a flat in 1995, before that there are multiple link documents -  i mean multiple saledeeds(A --> B --> C ---> D like that i am fifth person.) Do we need keep all these documents.

I heard that if the property is with single person name with more than 13 yers, then we dont need all documents for legal check, last two saledeeds enough.   Is it correct?  Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

4 Replies

kumar (NIL)     11 July 2011

Dear Ram,

There is no specific period to keep the link documents as originals with you. You need to take all the necessary link documents originals if the same extent of land  is continued from the purchaser. If you won't take all original links from the purchaser, there will be a chance to done Double Registration. The purchaser or his purchaser may sell the property to others with that original.

So try to take all the original link documents from the purchase and at the same please try to take the Encumbrance Certificate from past 30 years.  I have seen lots of cases where double registrations had happend in earlier.

Thnx & Regds

Kumar

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     11 July 2011

Hello Ram

This is wrong think It's necessary to look a all documents of the property and it's necessary for Title Certificate and Title Report. I think u Serach a last 30 years records of revenue and sub-registrar if any documents r miss by u or any person u give a application for certify copy of documents in SUB-REGISTRAR OFFICE.  

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     11 July 2011

And u give a public notice for this property and take a Title Certi.. and Title Report from Advocate / Solicitor & Advocate.

niraj (legal practitioner)     12 July 2011

I M AGREED WITH MR.KUMAR

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register