Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RaviSK (engineer)     24 June 2013

A typical sitivations on divorcee plea

Hi All

I Need all your valueble suggestion on the below issue.

7 years back  I bought a house on Housing Loan. After 1 year I closed the Loan completly as my Father payed Total Loan amount.. But still the House was in My Name.As I am having an End up relation with my wife she want to claim that property as anomily.

At the time of repaying the Loan I had given an note to my father saying " As my father is repaying the total  loan amount,  Hence he has Full rights on the property when asked to retturn back."

This Note was Not registered. Can this note be valid to defend,  if my wife pleads for property in the court?

Please suggest me if there is any alternate to defend my wife plea on this property.









 5 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     24 June 2013

At present she can not claim your property.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     24 June 2013

She can claim the moon, but she can not get it.


The law related to division of matrimonial property is not passed as yet and no one knows for sure when the same would be passed.




Shonee Kapoor 
Handphone: +91-8010850498


If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     24 June 2013

Agree with Shonee Sir

Raj Hariom (B.A.LL.M)     25 June 2013

As this property was purchased by your father, its your father's self acquired property,

your wife has no right to make any claim on that property....

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     25 June 2013

Dear Ravi

She has only  residencial as per Domestic violence act, nothing more.

so no need to worry about it and fight your case on merit

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query