Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shreyash shreekant   10 January 2023

A friend of mine suffered a bike accident in Bihar and even though he has paid compenstaion for the medical and bike expenses via upi, he is worried that the guys he got into an accident with might sue him.

While crossing the road on a highway after having stopped earlier to asses the traffic, my friend collided with another bike carrying two people both without helmets. Actually they hit him, later telling him on a call that they tried to brake but the bike didn't stop. Infact they hit him in the middle. Both fall down and while my friend didn't suffer any injuries, confused he tried to apologise when the other guy on the bike tries to take his key away. Getting scared my friend tries to run but they stop him and a crowd gathers. The police come but the injured driver at this point says to my friend that it was fault of both so he doesn't want police involved and tells the police that they will settle it in between them. After this the police guy gets annoyed and goes away. My friend takes the guy to a doctor, pays for the medical expenses and pays 1500 for damages to the bike. They exchange contacts. Next day my friend is called by this guy again who actually sounds very grateful of being helped but says that he needs another 1000 rs. He then whatsapps him saying it was both's fault and he is an 8000 per month employee so he can't make ends meet if he pays 1000 for bike. So this guy freaks out and tells his parents who get mad and tell him to pay the guy 1000 but they then take his phone away. So he calls the guy and records the convo where he tells the guy that they would not be able to contact each other anymore and even that guy is amicable to it. Now after all this he is worried that they might sue him. What legal advice should I give him?

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 January 2023

facts should be understandable in one reading.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More