IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr. S________ (Doctor)     18 December 2010

A Case of Cheating, fraud, loss of trust

I am British Citizen, having held Indian passport since birth for 35 years. I have lived inUk for 40 years.

I was selling my inherited property in India and was buyong property in Noida. My relative Mr R agreed to help in buying the property. I agreed to buy a property in Noida. Mr R asked me to give deposit for X amount which I had received as cash from a purchaserr who agreed my property in Delhi. Since I was leaving for UK on the day I agreed to buy , I could not draw contract to buy the property.  Mr R said 'that he will send the contract to my brother and if it is acceptable than you can sen the cash. My R send two people to collect money and did not bring the contract to buy. Mr R telephoned my brother and assured him that he will send the contract on the same day. He handed the cash to people who came to collect. Since Mr R was going to send the contract the same day, they did not take the receipt for money. Later, Mr R never gave any contract, or any receipt or any acknowledgement and never replied any email, never rang about the property. Sale of my property in Delhi was delayed, so I was prepared to buy the property in Noida from funds in UK but I was legally advised not to do so unless Mr R gived writtern contract to buy. Year passed, Mr R never gave any contract, receipt or replied any email. Mr R says that your money is forefeighted as I did not buy the propery on time. That propery is now sold and I sold my property in Delhi and bought one in Noida with proceds.Mr R worked with Mr U, a property dealer in Noida.

I filed FIR in Noida. The investigating police office tell be that he is being pressured by ministers not to bother Mr R and Mr U. They are interfering with the investigation. What should I do.

Should I write to Mr Manmohan singh or superime Court in India directly or through Indian High Commision in London or British High commission in New Delhi that ministers are interfering with investigations. Should I seek help from medis such as NDTV? Can you advice.


 1 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     19 December 2010

In the given circumstances, you have a legal option to file a Writ Petition (WP) in the State High Court, praying for directions to the Police Dept., for investigations and other relevant legal actions.  However the WP should be supported with documentary evidences.


Once a WP is filed in the HC, no minister or any other nuisance persons will interfere and you could be in a position to leverage your interests in your favour.


If you are not based in India, then you may authorise some known person / relative as your Legal Representative (LR) via a specific POA, who would be able do all the legal procedures required for the purposes.


Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query