LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nandu (Teacher)     04 August 2012

Will and its execution.

My uncle died making a WILL and appointing a Trustee company as executor for the same.

I have already informed the Trustee co of hios death and am awaiting further action from them.

My uncle's estate includes 1/5th share in my grandfather's property, two savings bank accounts joint with me and a DMAT ac where I am the nominee. He was unmarried and the surviving relatives are 6 nephews and 2 nieces and a widow of deceased brother. He also has 16 grandchildren which I believe do not fall under class2 heirs. None of us are aware of the contents of the WILL.

I understand the asset not mentioned in the WILL will be distributed as if they are assets of a person who died intestate.

I wish to know the following:

1) My status / rights as regards the Joint Savings accounts in case

a) their mention in the WILL,

b) in case of their omission from the WILL.

2) Whether the executor can/ will take possession of the savings accounts and will operate the same?

3) Treatement of the DMAT a/c and who will effect the sale of shares?

4) Distribution of his share of the property in case of its omission from WILL.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 August 2012

A bequest is a gift to dispose of by Will of property other than land. The word bequest is to be used to dispose of the personal property by Will. Personal properties mean movable properties i.e., Money, Gold, Library Books,  Machines not attached to earth, house hold articles, DMAT a/c, Bank balances,Joint savings a/cs. etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register