Settlement money & can it be deposited in the court ?

Hi All

I have a query, me and my wife have agreed for a mutual settlement , for divorce and withdraw various criminal and civil cases.

since both the parties are  not having trust on each other, the judge has suggested the money in the form of Demand Draft and gold to be deposited with the Judge in the court. the DD and the gold will be given to my EX only after all the cases are withdrawn and obtain a divorce. all this will be in the MOU. and it will be mentioned in all court orders.

My question ?

are the courts entitled to keep the DD and Gold in the court custody ? 

let me know any other procedure, where in the DD and Gold can be kept till all the cases are with drawn.

since the opposite party is not willing to keep them DD and Gold with any mediators.




Legal Advisor

1. If this is what the Judge has said then he knows it better that this procedure of depositing such D.D. and Gold is lawfully done.  This is because there is no mutual trust between you two which you have confessed.  Have the cases withdrawn and after the second motion is over and the decree of M.C.D. is awarded then the divorcee wife will be restored such deposited items.


senior partner

Courts can hold DD and Gold in deposit for the protection of the parties. Nothing wrong in it.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu