LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AJAY BABU KONDRU   30 June 2019

Sc caste certificate validity

My Son was issued with SC Caste Certificate by Deputy Collector & Tahsildar, Balanagar Mandal, RR Dist, Andhra Pradesh in the year 2009. After the State bifurcation, as we are residents of KPHB Colony Hyderabad, we came under Telangana State. Now My son has appeared for TS EAMCET and secured a rank. On 30.06.2019 a slot was booked by us for Certificate Verification at JNTU Hyderabad. The officials / Staff there rejected My son's caste certificate, stating that only a certificate from MeeSeva will be accepted and Caste certificate prior to state Bifurcation is not valid. I can apply for a new caste certificate but there is not enough time as they are closing the certificate verification by 3rd july 2019. Also, in the Instruction booklet they have not mentioned anything pertaining to a SC Caste certificate from MeeSeva. Please suggest me what can be done and what is the validity of my Son's SC caste certificate issued in 2009 under United Andhra Pradesh

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 July 2019

Even after such bifurcation, certificates for ten years from the date of such bifurcation is valid as per the Act.  Contact a local advocate and get such directions from the court to Director/convenor for accepting such certificates as valid.  The advocate may study the notification and find out as to whether there was a specific stipulation that such certificates issued in the past during combined state will not be valid.  Also, file RTI Application under Life or Liberty clause to the convenor and seek such notification that states about your certificate invalidity.  As there is a time frame under Citizen charter and in view of your urgency, you can personally go to Tehasildar office to expedite the issue.   Contact both District Collector and local MLA in person for due help in getting such certificate immediately.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register