LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sameer Kumar (Banking)     11 November 2009

Relinquishment deed - Please Help !!!

As there are only two legal heirs to our mother who passed away  (me and my brother), I have inherited 50% of the share of a property that was co owned by my brother and my mother. as my mother died intestate , i have 50% share in her share .

so in effect my brother now owns 75% of the property and I own 25% as his name is alreadyon the deeds and sale agreement of the land.

we want to avoid the high costs and time frame involved of getting a sucession certificate. if  I relinquish my rights to the property in favour of my brother , is this an easier, faster and more importantly LEGAL way to avoid the hassle and headache of getting a sucession certificate. ?

all help will be appreciated. I am aware i have asked a few questions on this matter already, but I dont know who to turn to, as I am currently overseas and really need some good advice

Learning

16 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     11 November 2009

Relinquishment deed is very easy and costless process. It can be executed within one day so adopt this process rather moving here and there.

1 Like

A V Vishal (Advocate)     11 November 2009

You can opt either for a relinquishment or a gift deed, which incurs minimal stamp duty and registration expenses.

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     12 November 2009

Yes.  Relinquishment deed is LEGAL in the sense you asked it.  No problem go ahead with it.

sanjeev gupta (Advocate)     12 November 2009

Dear Sir,

Relinquishment Deed is the easyest  and simple way.

Sameer Kumar (Banking)     12 November 2009

Thank you for your guidance all learned gentelmen :)

Sameer Kumar (Banking)     12 November 2009

I have looked on this website , can someone please guide me as to where I can dowload forms for  as I cant locate them -:

1)Legal heir certificate for Delhi

2)Relinquishment deed / Gift deed

varun & co (law)     13 November 2009

some queries on this point.....

relinquishment deed procedure ???

how much stamp duty ??

how much cost for registration ??

do we need advocate or a person by self can go there n do it ??

what all doccuments required ??

is it chalangeable ???

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     15 November 2009

Prepare relinquish Deed on Rs. 100/- Stamp Paper and present it before Registrar of Assurances for Registration with Registration Fee which varies from state to state but it would nearly between Rs. 100/- to 250/-. Procedure is very simple or else you can go for notarized Deed. Pl do not forget to signatures of two witnesses on it. Paste your photograph on last of signature. Yes if you know drafting properly using all legal terminology you need go to advocate else ask advocate to prepare it - relinshiment is at his/her own will. They should be of irrevocable in nature mentioned in Deed. If challenged only its genuinenness would be required to check up

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     19 November 2009

PLEASE FIND THE ATTACHED 'RELINQUISH DEED FORMAT'

Attached File : 5 5 sd4.rar downloaded: 2504 times
1 Like

Dayanandan P T (Service)     23 November 2009

Execution of Relinquishment Deed is fine. How to protect the 25% interest in the property in favour of one brother? Some clarity may be posted.

vinaykala (dgm retired)     22 July 2011

sir 

what is meant by registrar of assurances for registering relinquishment deed.

is it same is sub registrar office

mina kala  lucknow u.p.

vinaykala (dgm retired)     22 July 2011

DEN ANY AR SIR,

I AM INFORMED THAT RELIQUSHMENT DEED REGISRATION  NEEDS ONLY NOMINAL FEE SAY BETWEEEN RS 100 AND 250

CAN ANY GENTLMAN GUIDE ME THE FEE FOR THIS DEED IN U.P. AND HOW TO FIND OUT

THANKS

MINA KALA JULY 22

Mohan (personal)     27 September 2011

I purchased a flat in HYD. At the time of regn, I have added my wife's name in it. Now, I want to keep it only on my name not on both. Presently we both are living in NZ on a NZCitizenship. Advice how to do it. Pl feel free to ask more details if needed.

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     27 September 2011

pls contact us we will help you, or try with my attached post in 1st page

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register