LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

senthil (service)     06 September 2009

Registration through power of attorney

This is issue of my relative in delhi, They made a deal with a person for purchasing his flat. As the seller had borrowed loan from more than one bank( which was not earlier said by the seller), my relative had to repay the loan and got the conveyance deed of the seller from the bank.  Also the seller had given general and special power of attorney in my relative's name. 

Now my relative paid to the banks more than what thery mutually greed and has physical possession of the flat, sellers conveyance deed( original), general  and Special POA in his name. Seller absconded for more than last six months. I like to know the following. 

Is it possible to get registered in his name based on the documents he have.?

If it is so, does it have legal validity?Whether seller can purchase to anyother person?`

Learning

6 Replies

raju (owner)     08 September 2009

Any of you can help me?

This is issue of my relative in delhi, They made a deal with a person for purchasing his flat. As the seller had borrowed loan from more than one bank( which was not earlier said by the seller), my relative had to repay the loan and got the conveyance deed of the seller from the bank.  Also the seller had given general and special power of attorney in my relative's name. 

Now my relative paid to the banks more than what thery mutually greed and has physical possession of the flat, sellers conveyance deed( original), general  and Special POA in his name. Seller absconded for more than last six months. I like to know the following. 

Is it possible to get registered in his name based on the documents he have.?

If it is so, does it have legal validity?Whether seller can purchase to anyother person?`

madhu (sales manager)     26 September 2009

is legally ok  the validated unregistered gpa development  agreement document after paying the stamp duty of collector under indian stamp act.

will it creates the title deed.

Adinath@Avinash Patil (advocate)     26 September 2009

Yes you can register document if you have legal and valid poer off attorny.make sure that  your power of attorny cancelled by giving notice in news paper or by R.P.A.D.

A Mishra (Director)     26 September 2009

Mr.Patil is right.But if you don't have a regd.POA,then you file have to file a suit to get the deed regd.

madhu (sales manager)     29 September 2009

Request your advice for the captioned case of Hyderabad.

Title flow :

·         Sri Venkateswara Co-operative House Building society alloted Plot no. 23-B of the layout admeasuring 375 sqmts to K V David vide regd sale deed no. 324 of 1983.

·         K V David along with his three sons a) John Kar Jithender, b) Aaron Kar Anil, c) Shadrach Kar suman entered into an unregistered development agreement cum GPA with KB Associates represented by its proprietor KB Reddy for development of the said plot and for construction of house on 17th July, 2000.

·         The same got validated vide validation no. 4060/R/Val/2001 by the district registrar, Hyderabad.

·         KV David along with his three sons all represented by KB Reddy of KB Associates AND KB Associates represented by KB Reddy sold portion of the house bearing MCH no. 8-2-293/82/L/23 B on plot no. 23-B, comprising of G+3 floors with built up area of 2400 sft on the plot admeasuring 155 sqyds to K.Saroja vide regd sale deed no. 3249/02.

·         Later K Saroja sold the same property to V Mahesh vide regd sale deed no. 1600/2003.

·         In the year 2008 , Major Company ( our customer ) bought the same property from V Mahesh vide regd sale deed no. 1976/08.

Our panel lawyer rejected the case and his comments are mentioned here

" As could be seen from the documents it appears that KV David who is the plot owner had offered the subject property in favour of KB Associates through an unregistered development agreement cum GPA which was subsequently impounded though the documents was validated later. Lacuna with regard to the registration of the document as required under section 17 of Indian registration act is not complied. There for keeping in view of the provisions of the registration act the transaction covered under the above document suffers from the defect. And as such the transaction is invalid in the eve of law. Therefore file is legally not comfortable hence rejected. "

Pls advice.

Swarna Latha K   27 December 2022

Can the above case be solved?  This is our family's land and how should we proceed regarding this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register