LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srajan srivastava (student)     03 July 2011

D K BOSE= REQUIREMENT FOR NEW LAW??

As we all know that song D K BOSE(delly belly) has given birth to a new trend to use "abusives" in songs which the society uses in its day to day life. The youth are using these songs in the public places, radio stations are playing these songs may be at that time you are going by car with your whole family and it might come on television when you are sitting with your whole family and having dinner. Does this gives us warning that we need a law to stop these types of songs which are harmful to the society?? I need your opinion to this??

Learning

4 Replies

harshit saxena (student)     07 July 2011

dear srajan,

law is there,see section 294 ipc.ther may be debate,whether words are obsene or not,but if intention of person is bad,he may be booked...more over there must be some new enactment or amendment in broadcasting /playing of some so called abusive or offensive songs,that these songs be only played after certain time,i.e. preferably after 11.oopm,along with in film censer board rules,in which if film got "A" certificate,then they may also give "A" certificate to songs also.these songs may not be aired or shown ontv on or before 11.00 pm,or played between 11.00pm to4.00am....

there are some other remedies,which will be discussed later

2 Like

Aashish George (lawyer)     04 March 2012

Under Sec.294 the obscene act or song must cause annoyance. Though annoyance is an important ingredient of this offence, it being associated with the mental condition, has often to be inferred from proved facts. However, another important ingredient of this offence is that the obscene acts or songs must be committed or sung in or near any public place.

so, in order for us to do anything in this regard, we must prove annoyance in public place and it can only be understood from the facts narrated and proved. so, if in a public place this song is being played and genral public is annoyed by it....u have to use the situations or narrate it in such a manner in ur complaint that the magistrate would take cognizance of the case.

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     05 March 2012

problems you arose are right. it is difficult to listen or watch with family. so many similar songs are there.

but i think a strong law can not restrict all these. on the contray this may be used as anti establishment factor. will get support. better ignore it, as it is nothing or having no importence.

ad. creaminall (professional Advocate)     06 March 2012

i like your suggestion sarjan. i agree with you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register