LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunil Khopkar   08 May 2018


Builder has sold us illegal flat. What can we do?


 9 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     08 May 2018

File a FIR in police station in local jurisdiction.

Feel free to cal for any help at 9456777600.

Sunil Khopkar   08 May 2018

How does it help? Will FIR help us to make the flat legal? 

What would the builder do after FIR (besides settling with the police)?

Can we go to the court?


Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     08 May 2018

FIR will not make flat legal but you need to take due course of action for redressal  for your grievances.

Also please file another suit for recovery of money from Builder  with all the bank statements and other evidence.

Aside also initiate a private cheating criminal case against Builder.

If builder is not the competent person for sale of flat. Then will be booked for cheating.

Sunil Khopkar   08 May 2018


Can you share contact details?

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     08 May 2018

Feel free to cal for any help at 9456777600.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 May 2018

Approach your own very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in civil/consumer/criminal matters and having successful track record ….. and worth his/her salt …and well versed with regulator notifications and show all communications, agreement, statements on record….to initiate civil/criminal proceedings..ASAP.

Avoid delay in consulting.

Your counsels can guide you in person and guide the best. You may also discuss in person with seasoned and well informed PIP, community leaders to guide and proceed in best of your interest..  If matter gets resolved nothing like it. Although IT may seem unlikely but in some cases IT does and may happen..

Check at LOCAL consume forum/Civil courts for such counsels..

Sunil Khopkar   08 May 2018

This looks like a "recorded" reply...

Thanks anyway!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 May 2018

IT is invariably posted;

'Buyer Beware' applies to property deals.

It shall be appropriate to get proper legal opinion from a very able LOCAL senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/property/civil/DRT matters and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules/laws and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt , before signing or making payment.

This may cost some FEE but can defend long term interest and hard earned monies.


Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 May 2018

If mater gets resolved nothing like IT, and IT is not a recorded message..

The very facts of matter at your hands are known to you alone..

IT is vaguely remembered that; in case of an apartment complex one part/tower…………….. occupied usually by retired persons from State govt/central govt/Army/defense services/private establishment s  …was later found as built on land belonging to a Board of state Govt.

The builder was a Big establishment and from Industrial family and real estate tycoon and highly resourceful.

The police was not lodging complaint/FIR and IT was doubtful any concluding action shall be taken…

The community leaders from all communities, sharp counsels, shrude negotiators stepped in joined hands and FIR was ultimately lodged.

The builder not contactable and NONE was willing to give whereabouts..

Big Noise was created…   

The State govt ( builder was close to those in power at that time was ) sold the land to builder (single party in tender bought land on which structures were raised) and matter got hushed up. Since then IT is on ‘Shut Up Mode’.

How IT happens is anyone’s guess.

In another matter ; On one land full colony was built. Every resident has registered sale deed and many availed bank loans after title search by bak empannlled lawyers for a fee set by banks.

After about more than 60 ( bl**dy long) years the in house Tehslidar of MC got land mutated in name of MC…since land was acquired by MC but was not mutated for 60years and thanks to lethargy of staff nothing was spotted and property was sold and resold and resold…and ill mannered staff never entertained hapless residents…

Residents lost ownership..

MC and revenue are both state govt establishments ..

Many matters get resolved…Yours may get resolved.

Many does not get resolved..

In any case you need to act to defend your interest and may need very able LOCAL counsels…

You are welcome, anyway!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query