LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AJEET KUMAR (Asst Manager (Projects))     24 June 2019

Property related

We purchased a flat in Kolkata in 2012. Due to my transfer, we locked our flat and shifted from Kolkata to Panchkula, Haryana in Sept'16. We visit our flat every 6 months or so. Recently, my wife visited the flat and though could enter the flat, the common entrance was locked with a new lock by other flat owners who refused to provide the key or even share it for her duration of stay citing unpaid maintenance charges. The changing of lock is frequent and we have to encounter it every time we go to Kolkata. Though it is correct that we stopped paying maintenance charges since Feb 2017, we stopped as two (out of 7) flat owners were not paying, maintenance collection and expenditure statement is ambiguous. Additionally, the flat owners had combined time to time and harassed my family (wife & kids) after i left Kolkata in Sept'15. This was one of the primary reasons why i shifted my family. Now, these people harass anyone who comes to check for rent by keeping the common entrance locked and not providing the key. Essentially, free ingress and egress to my property is being blocked by other flat owners in the name of maintenance charges. What should i do.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register