Procedure for filing a 420 case against wife

I am an NRI living abroad , I filed divorce in indian court based on mental cruelty of wife recently after two months of marriage .

Now wife and her parents threatening to forcibly occupy my parents house in India even though its rented house , I dont have any property in India.

Since girl faked about her job , education in profile and her wedding card as well , I want to file a 420 case against her, as I am afriad she might file 498, dv and MC cases.

Please tell me correct procedure to file 420 case :

1) Can I file 420 based on fake profile and false information at marriage ?

2) Can I file it in my local police station where my parents live or do I have to file it in place where marriage happened at her hometown? Can I fill a private case in court?

3) what else I can add to make the case strong.  this is just for defending myself and my family memebrs from her false cases,, once they come down for settlement I can withdraw..




Filing cases against you  by your wife as counterblast to your case for divorce is obvious.

Consult your lawyer engaged by you, s/he is an able, competent and intelligent enough to advise and guide.


Even if you don't register any case she will someday register dowry DV and MC case aganist you. it's a birth right of every Indian women. And if property is not on your name she is just threatening you. she cannot do sh*t. if you still fear get mandatory injuction from court aganist your wife. I have been cheated too by my wife it's very difficult to prove in court you have been cheated and facts have been concealed if you have proofs then go on. And yes you can file for concealment of facts before marriage as divorce ground. But it won't be a easy battle. try to solve with settlement however Indian married women these days dream a lot of sending husband and in laws to jail through dowry or DV cases. But ultimately they resolve with alimony only. if she solves with settlement then go ahead if not let her beat the busy and file cases at last she will be tired and herself ask for settlement. don't get scared of these cases face them. nothing much would happen

you have right to file complaint under section 420  IPC for cheating by giving false information at the time of marriage. Draft a complaint and file before the consent police station.



CELL NO 8686159292




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu