1. The individual concerned i.e. either father or mother has to notify the change of name of his/her minor son/daughter in one of the daily leading newspaper, giving therein full identification that is his/her name, Father’s name/Husband’s name along with residential address and date of birth of child & forward it in original to this Department.
2. Please submit an original affidavit (from the side of Guardian) duly attested by first class Magistrate/Notary/Oath Commissioner showing therein full details of father’s/husband’s name along with residential address before taking oath in the affidavit & forward it in original to this Department. In case of Indian living abroad, he/she will submit duly attested by the respective Indian Embassy/Indian High Commission, in original to this Department.
3. Please submit printing matter as prescribed in the attached specimen duly completed in all respects by typing the same on a separate plain paper and signed by the individual in his/her old name, with two witnesses in duplicate. The Proforma must not be handwritten.
4. Please attach two passport size photographs of parents(either mother or father), whoever is giving the declaration and one of the minor son/daughter. If the case is sent by registered post, the photographs have to be attested by Gazetted officer/oath commissioner/notary public.
5. The printing charges for publication of change of name Rs. 1100/- only. The amount will have to be submitted or remitted in advance in cash or by Demand Draft/India Postal Order drawn in favour of Controller of Publication, Department of Publication, Civil Lines, Delhi-54. The extra copies of the Gazette can be supplied to the extent of 4 on additional payment of Rs. - 35/- per copy. The charges in cash may also be deposited with aforesaid documents in our Department. The cost of advertising of change of name in the Gazette of India for Indian living abroad is Rs. - 3300/- which includes air mail charges also.
6. All the aforesaid document, printing charges together with forwarding letter addressed to The controller of Publication, Department of Publication, should be sent to this Department by post or they can come personally also. The documents must not be old i.e.beyond the period of one year.
7. The documents once submitted in this Department will not be returned in any circumstances, neither original nor Xerox copy.