Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

yogi   01 October 2017

Power of attorney - nri

MY WIFE AND I AM NRI 

WE ARE JOINT OWNER OF A PROPERTY AND I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE HER POWER TO SELL / RENT / MANAGE / ETC FOR THIS JOINTLY OWNED FLAT, SO WHAT PROCEDURE I NEED TO FOLLOW ?  CAN BE ON PLAIN PAPER OR STAMP PAPER ??  DO I NEED TO REGISTER THIS POWER ???  IF SO HOW / WHERE ?  PROPERTY IS IN MAHARASHTRA 

IS SUCH POWER FORMAT READILY AVAILABLE TO DOWNLOAD FROM ANY WEBSITE 

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)

Power of attorney better get it drafted by an Advocateand it's harmful and not safe to get it downloaded from Internet....

yogi   01 October 2017

can you explain what you really mean by this ?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 October 2017

The POA has to be registered for the purpose of sale narrated by you.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     01 October 2017

Your wife is required to execute special power of attorney (SPOA) in your favour under guidance of a lawyer which shall be required to be attested by notary of Indian Embassy of your country where you are residing right now. The SPOA is to be attested in the presence of your wife. The SPOA thereafter shall be required to be stamped with revenue department of Maharashtra city where the property situated. It is only after stamping you shall be entitled to sell the property on the basis of SPOA.

yogi   01 October 2017

dear sidharth, very many thanks for your reply and noted

can you pl advise as to stamping - do you mean buying stamp and affixing it  or do i have to physically take the SPOA to registrar office ?  what amount of stamping is required ??

manoj   08 October 2017

special power of attorney not to be registered. It should be validated with the consent District Register office. That is sufficient for SPOA

manoj

yogi   08 October 2017

dear manoj

very many thanks for your reply 

can you please clarify how to get SPOA validated ?

v v seetha rama rao (Advocate)     03 October 2018

it is adjudicate ,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register