Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deepu dinesh (unemplpyed)     14 October 2013

Penalty due to old electricity meter

hello

i live in faridabad harayana  and uptill now we had the old electricity meters(old black ones). we were told to change these meters 2 or 3 years back. but at that time the we did not do so due to some circumstances.

now again 2 or 3 months back we  were told to increase the load from the current 2 kw to 5kw.

this time i went to the electricity board and made a file for this. after this few  weeks back i got a call from the electricity board saying that if i wanted to increase the load to 5 kw i will have to change my old black meter with the new digital one. 2 or 3 days later i installed the new meter at my home.

The similar condition  happened will my uncle also we applied for the higher load together. while my uncle's file was in process (one week back) a squad of people from the electricity board came to his house and   took his old meter away.

yesterday he received a court notice saying that he has to pay a penalty of Rs one lack ten thousand (Rs110000) for not changing the meter on time and stealing electricity.

my uncle is from a lower middle class family and this is a huge amount for us.

is there any method to avoid or reduce this amount.

any help and information regarding this will be much appreciated

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register