Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Garg (Engineer)     08 January 2015

Passport impounded due to failure of annexturef verification

Respected Sir,

I had applied for re-issue to passport under Tatkal scheme. Due to my unawareness about tatkal passport application procedure, I had consulted an agent. I applied my passport application along with Annexture F document provided by agent. 

I got my passport issued and as well as police verification completed successfully.  Later I received SCN from passport mentioning Fakeness of Annexture-F. I came to know this Annexture F was fake document. I submitted my application to RPO by narrating all circumstances how i got this document from agent. Also I surrendered my passport as well to RPO office.

Now recently I have received communication that your passport has been impounded.  "your file has been Impounded and appropriate notice has also been pasted in the website www.mea.gov.in against your file number."

Anyone can guide me now whether I can re-apply for fresh application under normal scheme or not. Its obivious that if I can apply under normal scheme then I have to mention previous passport impounded details. Apart to that do I need to take any other approval before applying new one. Also what will be the procedure for the same. And what actions i can take so that I get my passport asap.

Thank you.

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 January 2015

Now you have to  apply afresh for the passport once again along with an affidavit narrating the events in the past which led you to furnish the misinformation resulting into the present impound.  Along with this you can enclose a letter to RPO narrating the entire incidences and seek his consideration to issue a fresh passport after re-verification.  You may attach the details of the penal amount paid earlier due to this lapse.

Rahul Garg (Engineer)     13 January 2015

Thanks Rama for the reply. Recently I have discussion with Passport Authorities, they updated your passport impounding notification has been posted to mea.gov.in. Now you may appeal to JS(PSP) & CPO, CPV Division, MEA. Could you please share me a format draft or reference document of this appeal letter to respective authority. Also apart to this what action i can take from side.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register