LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Maurya   17 July 2018

Noc(no objection certificate)

I had attended ONGC   interview on 13-06-2015 for the post of Geophysicist (surface), At the time of interview they asked me for NOC(No objection Certificate) because on 11-06-2015 i have joined Geological Survey of India(GSI) on temporary basis, But As per ONGC Recruitment  PolicyIf candidate is employed in Govt./Quasi Govt./PSU on the last date of application then NOC(No objection Certificate) is required”. Since I am not employed in Govt./Quasi Govt./PSU  service on the last date of application and joined GSI before two days of interview, then in my case NOC is not required.  so why they asked me NOC.

And my second point is that , Instead of NOC they  have taken  Undertaking and in undertaking I had written that In case of my final  selection  I will produce NOC, Why they not declare my result ( but as per above paragraph this undertaking is not required)

On  22-09-2015 I got one mail from ONGC recruitment cell and they mentioned that submit NOC within one week otherwise your candidature will cancelled (and through tell phone also) and in return reply I have said sir in my undertaking I have already mentioned that In case of my final  selection  I will produce NOC. But they rejected my selection and declared result on 29.09.2015.

I have filled RTI on 12-06-2018 and in RTI reply I found that I got 74.37 marks and cutoff is 70.94.And I have also asked reason why I am not selected they have replied that “As per IOM no. DDN/Rectt/GT-2013/surface dated 29.09.2015 your name was not to be released since you have not submitted the NOC”.

But question here raises that if I am not employed on last date of application why they asked me NOC(No objection Certificate) and for the same reason they have rejected my selection. And other case is that as I mentioned in undertaking I will produce NOC, In case of my final selection, why they not declared my result.

so in above matter can i go to court for justice

Learning

4 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     17 July 2018

Simple query to you:  Have you applied for and sought NOC from your office Geological Survey of India or not?

Deepak Maurya   17 July 2018

I have not applied for NOC from Geological Survey of India becuase i have aleady written exam and short liseted for interview before joining Geological Survey of India.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 July 2018

If ONGC employment is important, you ought to have applied for NOC or made such attempts to get NOC or atleast made some attempts.

Most of the recruitment cases, the status on date of final selection is the basis .  On that date you are employed.  You ought to have explained your stand to them when they have asked for such NOC.

.  You have not asked GSI for NOC.  Not explained to ONGC on NOC your stand. It is left to your Advocate's decision to proceed against this background.

Shashikant V. Patil (Lawyer)     17 July 2018

You should have approached for the required NOC. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register