Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surya kkkkk (software engineer)     18 October 2017

Need help-Employer issue

Hi Sir,

Can I have right to ask my current employer of employment verification record.If so on what laws section I can ask them?

I need this since I was terminated by my previous employer on code of mis conduct but my previous emplyer had promissed in written it will not disclose the same to comming employers but I feel they had disclosed my reason of termination to current employer since my current employer is treating me bad and mad me sit far from all team members.

Thanks for help in advance

Learning

7 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     18 October 2017

Suppression of material facts during employment is treated as fraud and in several such cases employees were terminated.  Such agreements against law between  past employer and employee are  having no legal validity.

Surya kkkkk (software engineer)     23 October 2017

Hi Sir,

THanks for reply.Can I have right to ask my current employer of employment verification record.If so on what laws section I can ask them?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 October 2017

If you have been terminated , you might have received such orders as per the Disciplinary rules and regulations in your second organisation.

Agreements in any , against Public interest are void.   You have admitted having committed an irregularity, and that your previous  employer assured you that he will not disclose such thing, which is against public interest and may amount to conspiracy of cheating the second employer, and hence not enforceable.

There is no use in fighting on a lost cause knowing that you are guilty, and still wanted to secure employment by suppressing the facts which is also criminal in nature.

Guru Guide   23 October 2017

You can ask for the information as a request, not as a right. However, Since you seem to be a private employee, you can't use the platform of RTI to seek information about what your previous employer has revealed about you or your termination.

But, even if you get the requisite information, you can't take any legal action against any of the employer, unless that would have violated the terms of your appointment.
1 Like

(Guest)

Experts have rightly advised.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 November 2017

You can write to past employer and current employer to share a copy with you. You can cite the written communication vide which past employer affirmed that it will not share the said report.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Kumar Doab
You can write to past employer and current employer to share a copy with you. You can cite the written communication vide which past employer affirmed that it will not share the said report.

Quite impracticable solution! None of these two employers is obliged to share copies of their communications with with the employee.

However, you can feel free to try the advice of Mr. Kumar Doab for your own personal experience and also to test the veracity of my statement.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register