marriage cancellation

I was engaged with someone on June month and the marriage is arranged on November month.. but now he is always dominating me . groom and his mother always hurting us with their words . they are giving mind torture to me and my family members.. then I addressed his issue to him.. he is not ready to accept it and he gave me a choice to cancel the marriage. later on I decided to cancel the marriage with my parents knowledge.. he also accepted for it and now wants to cancel the wedding .. but now his family members creating a problem .. we are willing to return their gifts but they are not ready to accept it. they demanding money for those gifts..they are blackmailing us like If we didn't give money instead of those gifts then they won't sign on the written statement of marriage cancellation.. I don't know what to do now.. please advise...

Just forget ,you did better by recalling the marraige as you would have been troubled in future. Just forget they can do nothing. DOn't give anythingb written about the gifts and all that. Instead issue a legal a Notice to them by blaming them and forcing you to recall the marraige. Just live your life and look for some better match. They have no legal remedy, except for this that they are notified about cancellation of marrige.Tell them you will file complaint in police for harrasing and you should file complaint. The police will deal with them


You took strong decision today rather then suffering entire life, they cannot do much against you legally.

Thank you so much for your reply...

Issue legal notice thru advocate that Ur cancelling the marriage for bad and rude behaviour of Ur inlaws.and claim for damages.

Thank you for your reply



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x