Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kunal   28 February 2016

Limit for skipping dates

Experts,

Please apologize me as I posted this question under a wrong Sub-category on this forum.

My question falls under section 9 of HMA sub-category.

I have seen 8 dates being passed over by the trial judge for "framing the issues" spanning a period of more than six months.

I am surprised, although I do not have a right to question the Judge, how can he ignore so many dates only to frame the issues for the petition under section 9 HMA pending before him.

Is there any limit by law (in terms of the number of dates a Judge can skip over) within which he has to dispose off the question (framing the issues) in-hand?

Please remember section 21 HMA provides for a speedy trial to be completed within six months under the HMA.

kunal

Learning

2 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     28 February 2016

Prolonging a case is not the desire of any judge or a court.It depends on the respective lawyers. Generally in family affairs considerable time is given to both the parties so that there could be some reconciliation between them.

sandeep (pvt service)     28 February 2016

@mrs choudhary......with refernce to your reply, wanted to know, even if either of the two win the RCR case, in case the wife filed RCR and husband defeats her RCR, and it is dismissed, in this case too, should the husband wait for a full year to file for divorce on RCR dismissal grounds?

thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register