leakage from above flat

Above flat bathroom pipe is damaged and therefore water is leaking from ceiling i have asked to get it repair a month ago now he is telling to pay 50% what to do .need urgent suggestion

Dear Mehboobali,

Mutually settle the disputes by paying 50% amount and aviod disputes in neighbour.


ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108

1.  IF the Flat is within Maharashtra, THEN the Society Model bye-laws prescribes the cost of repairs /rectification /restoration shall be borne EQUALLY by the upper floor member and lower floor member.

2. IF Flat is in Mumbai THEN make a written complaint to BMC for the leakage nuisance caused and BMC will initiate criminal prosecution against the upper floor member.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com


Sir i have tried to communicate with above owner but he wasn't replying me now my property has damaged what about that.I gave a letter regarding this matter to society one and a month ago they didn't took any action



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x