landlord or tenant responsible for loss due to damage by hig

There were 3-4 instances of high voltage due to high tension wire breaking on the electricity poll with transformer.

Electricity bulbs, fans and other appliances were damaged on every occassion of fault.

Tenant is holding me as landlord responsible for the damages. I don't have any direct control over fault on the electricity poll except to lodge a complaint with dhbvn to come and fix the wires, which I did.

Who is responsible for damages in this case?


You are not responsible for loss to tenant caused by electricity fluctuation. You can file complaint with electricity department.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x