LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deep (deep)     12 August 2015

Is it theft??

After marriage, boy tells girl to use new sim which is bought by name of his father. She had been using that sim. After a year or so, wife deserted by husband n family-in-law, she is forced out to her parents' house. She was carrying the father-in-law's named sim with her.  Months later father-in-law got that sim freezed, got a duplicate sim n they misused that number to defame her to whosoever called at that no. to talk to her Now, FIL filed private complaint in court u/s 378, 379, 411 that she theft that sim etc Is it a valid ground?? Is that SIm card theft in eyes of law?? She did not steal anything.

Learning

5 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     12 August 2015

thats not theft because you have the option of blocking the sim immediately after you lose it

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     13 August 2015

You can easily prove it in the court

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     13 August 2015

Do not worry, they can prove nothing and on the other hand, that frivolous complaint will backfire them.

deep (deep)     13 August 2015

Thanks a lot I was too tensed I have not yet received any summons n have not read the petition even, but i fear they would have claimed many more false things in petition

How r such false cases decided?

How cud it backfire, i apprehend more cases more harrasment, any remedy available?

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     13 August 2015

Unknown what their complaints are and you have received neither court notice nor their petition, how can you find a remedy?  It is just like searching for medicine without knowing the disease.  So, wait patiently for the time being, if you do not have any complaint against them or even if you have complaint, you do not want to pursue them.

Prabhakar-Advocate

(M)9958670740

Legal Aid panelist - Central Delhi (Tis Hazari)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register