LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

LAWYER ASSOCIATES (PROP)     13 December 2019

Income Tax

In income tax assessment of a household lady, she has withdrawn 9 lacs in august and deposited in november. AO is saying that i dont believe that she redeposit same money, hence the money deposited in bank is unexplained.
Verbally My reply was that whether she can consume or spend 9 lacs on her household expenses with ordinary standard of living? Reply is no. She does not have any other source from where money shall come. What is use of making cash book or cash flow statement if our cash in hand shall not be admitted just for the reason that this cash in hand is 3-4 months old.
What should i do?

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 December 2019

AO may assume in his style to get facts in an indirect manner, but he can not establish the same as per laid down procedure.  Contact your chartered accountant and let her file a notarized affidavit with the same facts and get the statement on the public record.  Do not assume things and have apprehensions..

SIRIUS GROUP (B.Sc., M B A( Hr), B L)     14 December 2019

Please five him reply with attachement

1. Bank Passbook with explanation how the amount accred. I.e Entry wise details

2. Reason for Withdrawl - May purchase small land or Loan to somebody

3.Redeposit of Money - Cancelation of agrrrement f purchase or Loan repayment some person in wrinting

Shashi Dhara   14 December 2019

In which year 2018or2019.if it is in 2019 then you have to submit returns in 2020after march

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     25 December 2019

Seek advise of a local prudent taxation lawyer or chartered account showing relevant documents as the query do not involve any dispute for consideration and obligation of legal experts on this platform.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register