how to vacate my tenant


I am owner of a flat in Chennai.It is let out for a monthly rental on Rental agreement (Unregistered) for a 11 months period,just 5 months back.During the last month,my tenant defaulted in paying the monthly rent.He has also defaulted in paying Security deposit balance for the last 3 months.The tenants attitude also not to my liking.

                Till now I have been staying in a house along with my son and his family for the last 5 years Me, my wife are senior citizens,depending on my pension and the rent mentioned in para 1 above.Now that we decided shift to our own house under Rental Agreement,due to personal reasons.

                  Under the above circumstances,please advise me how to go ahead and vacate the reluctant tenant cited in para 1 above.An early reply will be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

S R Reddy,Chennai,Tamilnadu.

Lawyer in Hyderabad.wats app no.9989324294

As a owner of the property send a notice under transfer of property act to the tenant for vacate. If he not respond it then arrange to send a legal notice through lawyer.



If the tenant is not listening or is not paying the rent properly, you can issue a lawyer's notice to him instructing him to vacate the premise for default in rental payment as well as that you need the house property for your own use, if he is not replying you may file a eviction suit before the rent controller court.


I think, Better to give the prior notice to the tenant and waiting for his response. If he didn't respond, then better to proceed with the legal notice. Based upon the judgement you have to take a further step.



Sell My Property Quickly






Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

IPC Grand Course     |    x