Housing society plumbing cost

i live in mumbai on a terrace flat which was acquired by me directly from the builder after paying the necessary premium for a terrace flat.

on my terrace, i have placed many plants which require watering on a daily basis. also the terrace needs to be washed regularly since it is subject to all kinds of dirt and bird droppings.

the issue is that the builder has provided the water outlet drainage (concealed) from my terrace into the society compound. each time, i water my plants / wash my terrace, the society compund gets water drenched.

the committee members are now (after almost 20 years of staying in this flat) asking me to bear the cost entirely of the plumbing whereby the water can directed into one of the storm-water drains thereby not wetting the society compound.

please advise whether such costs are to be borne by the society or by me.

thanking you in anticipation.



Since, you are using it regularly and the society compound is getting drenched regularly so the society has rightfully asked you to do th pumbing. As far as the costs are concerned, since it is from inside from your flat, it i to be borne by you.

But you may ask the society to borne the costs for it, as the society is demanding for getting it done

or in alternate you may propose for equal costs sharing.

Hope this gives you solution for your problem. You may contact on the below give number for further assistance, if required.



Adv. Rohit Dalmia





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu