Contract management is one of the core activities of a modern day organization as majority of an organization’s operation being under contracts with customers, suppliers, service providers, vendors and consultants. It’s vital that contracts should be aligned with the business expectation and professionals should be well versed with the drafting techniques and expertise to foresee the associated risk and design the contracts in the best interest of their organization. The importance of understanding contractual agreements has considerably increased since most business processes are governed through contractual relationships.
Edvancedge Knowledge Ventures upcoming initiative “Commercial Contract Masterclass – Negotiation, Drafting and Dispute Management” aims towards essential updates in commercial and legal issues pertaining to commercial agreements and helps improve the negotiation and drafting skills of the professionals involved. This full day masterclass will help organizations to reduce exposure, avoid litigation and implement dispute management by being fully conversant with the knowledge, skills and strategies in ensuring that the contracts are well negotiated, drafted and managed. Participating professionals will get a chance to hear and interact with experts on:
- How contracts have been drafted today and,what are the potential alternative drafting strategies and structures?
- How contracts are negotiated including techniques for negotiation on contract variations and claims.
- Effective risk control measures to minimize legal exposures and avoid disputes.
- Necessary skills required to effectively manage contractual pitfalls and implement dispute resolution mechanism.
Date: 20th Dec'19 | Venue: Nehru Place, New Delhi - 110019
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
- Increase efficiency and effectiveness within organisational processes
- Possess knowledge on the latest best practices in contract strategy
- Build strong and effective contracts
- Improved supplier performance
- Improved understanding on legal issues which allow for more effective management of legal rights
- Possess confidence in discussing contract issues with lawyers and different parties
- Effective risk reduction and conflict resolution
Who Should Attend?
A must attend workshop for anyone who has to negotiate, manage, transact or resolve disputes with third parties, including but not limited to:
- Contract Administration & Management Professionals
- Legal Heads & General Counsels
- Legal Managers & Legal Executives
- Corporate Legal Advisors
- Deal Makers
- Company Secretaries
- Corporate Lawyers
- Arbitrators & Mediators
- Procurement & Purchasing Managers
- Relationship Managers
- Bhumesh Verma, Managing Partner - Corp Comm Legal
- Tejas Karia, Partner and Head of Arbitration - Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co.
- KPS Kohli, Partner - Dhir & Dhir Associates
To read more in details, click here