Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sagar H Shroff   21 July 2019

Can we file a suit on a tenant under pagdi system to vacant the property if he owns a house in his own name

I have a tenant who is residing since more than 50 years in my property in Maharashtra under pagdi system.
He owns a house which is in his name and his sons are living there.
My questions are:
1) Can I file a case on him to vacant my property as he owns his own property
2) If I file a case how much time it will take for the case to sort out?
3) do I need to pay any compensation or any amount of money to him
4) what are the chances that the case will be in my favour

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 July 2019

Contact a local advocate that can answer all your questions and can even mediate in between you and your tenant, explaining the legal stand and for settlement without further litigation.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     22 July 2019

1. You can file a case for eviction only if the tenant has acted in contravention of the terms of Maharashtra Rent Control Act. 2. The time taken for an eviction case can not be predicted. 3. You don't have to pay any compensation if the eviction case is decided in your favour. 4. Your chances will depend on the evidences you submit. It will be prudent to settle the matter mutually.
1 Like

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     18 September 2019

Originally posted by : Sagar H Shroff
I have a tenant who is residing since more than 50 years in my property in Maharashtra under pagdi system. He owns a house which is in his name and his sons are living there.My questions are:1) Can I file a case on him to vacant my property as he owns his own property2) If I file a case how much time it will take for the case to sort out?3) do I need to pay any compensation or any amount of money to him 4) what are the chances that the case will be in my favour

1.  YES,  It is possible to evict such Tenants who own their own Houses and yet stay in Tenanted premises, citing "personal usage" criteria and other parameters.

2. Once the court is satisfied that Tenancy can be terminted due to Tenant having his own House, THEN there is no question of Compensation or whatever ....

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register