Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sumit Gupta (Team Lead)     11 September 2017

Can a case of home theft under ipc 380 and 457 be withdrawn

Hi All 

5 months back, we were sleeping in our home. Around 1-2 AM, thieves came and broke a window and stole Rs 15000 . Since I was sleeping, I hadn't seen any thief. I lodged FIR next day and now the case is in Criminal Courts Gurgaon. I was called for an appearance today and police said, they have caught 3 thieves and recovered 3000/-.  

SI had taken my statement on a plane paper today, I signed it and since there was strike today of govt lawyers, he asked me to come again on 25th Sep

As usual with Indian courts, 3-4 hours were wasted. Now I have some queries 

1. Being a full-time office going person, is it possible this case can be withdrawn. I am not interested to take 3000 Rs. If yes, how?

2. For how many times do I need to go to court once I give a statement in front of the judge ?

3. Is there any need to hire lawyer for this case (Since its State of Haryana vs thief XXX)

Please advise

Regards

Sumit 

Learning

2 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     11 September 2017

It is the true picture that when law has taken its course and caught the culprits then people withdraw themselves from such cases and cause dent in the system. 1. No. 2. Till your evidence is recorded in court. 3. Not necessary.
1 Like

Sumit Gupta (Team Lead)     18 September 2017

Thanks Sidharth ! I am not causing any dent in system..just trying to understand case 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register