attestation form for government job

Dear Experts,
My Query is regarding the column in attestation form for govt job, wherein place of residence for more than a year is to be declared in past 5 years.
If a person who is permanent resident of city A and worked for 2 year in city B and has resided in different homes in the same city (B) on rent not completing 1 year in a particular home. Does he need to declare those addresses too.

Hi! Thanks for the question!

In such a case there is no compulsion to disclose all your addresses. I myself has been one to change 2 houses in an year and in a similar form mentioned the latest address. However, that was after I asked the official. In another case such as the license authority, I had to disclose my current address plus the homwtown's address that is my permanent address. 

So you will have to get that asceratined from the company/authority that you are going to work for.

Good Luck!


Thanks Raghav Arora for your reply. It is given the fact that I have never left my permanent home on record and all the residential proof were still registered on my permanent home where I visit occasionally as my family is there. The rented rooms were temporary arrangement with friends n I do not possess any residential proof of those addresses neither did I ever use those address for any kind of correspondence.

Total likes : 1 times


You can provide the rent agreement and along with that the electricity bills with the payment receipts by for the bills paid by you! That will work as the proof of your residence. Nothing more that this should be asked of you, however, once again, you will have to ask the official at the authority for certainity.



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

IPC Grand Course     |    x