Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit (cio)     28 January 2015

About making will

I have some query about making Will :

1. Please confirm if a Will is valid  if made on plain paper with two witness and without any stamp paper, registration , notaray.

2. Can a Executor have relation with benifecary of the Will and can Executor be one of witness of the Will

3. Suppose if the Will maker is having two property and few FD and Few LIC policy and if Will maker wants to give one property to one and rest all things to other then can Will maker mention that the property to be given to first and Rest all in my name to the other.

4. Now Fix deposit account changes every time. Can Will maker mention in common word ALL FD or have to mention details of each FD

Learning

3 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     28 January 2015

@Amit ji, (1) Will is valid if made on a plain paper with two wtns and scribe ( the executor may write in his own hand writing).  (2) will be may executed in any favour., beneficiary cannot sign as witness., (3) yes (4) mention of details is advisable. 

Amit (cio)     29 January 2015

thanks for reply.

Amit (cio)     29 January 2015

Sir i have few query :

1. I know beneficiary cant be witness but Can a Trustee / Executor ( having relation with one of  beneficiary ) be a witness.

2. FD and LIC details can be mentioned in a Will but FD / LIC details keeps on changing so every time new Will has to be made. So can a single word ALL FD and ALL Lic policy be used in a will

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register