LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhi (law student)     25 April 2015

498a evidence

Is  uncorroborated sole testimony of wife enough for conviction under 498a, DP 3,4,6?

In a divorce case with regards to same parties in above  husband admitted certain facts such as leaving his wife and going to parents without informing her etc.  will these admissions go against him. 

In the divorce case filed by husband against wife on grounds of cruelty, the suit was dismissed and in the judgement it was said that " the husband treated her with cruelty and wife is good"?  will these remarks have any impact on 498a case, i mean will these go against husband?

husband filed appeal in high court. so i think these are not going to benefit wife. am i right?

Learning

2 Replies

rajuchowdappa   25 April 2015

Mr.Abhi you need to consult a advocate or else you can contact me 9738465552.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     25 April 2015

Every statement each and every word is a matter in the court of law. While giving statements, parties must be carefully answer in the court. Signs and actions on each other also will examine by the judge. The Supreme Court held that  kicking a daughter-in-law amounts to an offence of cruelty punishable under Section 498A of IPC and allowed the trial of in-laws on a complaint of a woman alleging torture by them.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register