LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DPNa   09 July 2017

498a appeal against acquittal

Experts - My family of 6 has been acquitted in a 498a case filed by spouse stating it is a false case with a malcious intent. The state and the spouse both have filed appeal against this acquittal in the appeallate court. The state(represented by PP) has been bribed heavily by wife and she has filed appeal to arm twist me to come for a huge settlement amount. 

My query is how long does it take for the appeal to get decided by the appeallate court.  Let me know if any additional information is needed.

Thanks

Learning

9 Replies

Arjun Kohli   09 July 2017

The matter will be scheduled and will be reviewed by the Hon'ble Court per se. If there seems to be some or the other irregularity on the face of it, or well pointed out by the opposition, only then it will proceed to further stages, otherwise it might stand dismissed as well if the Appellate court finds it has been appropriately and fairly dealt with.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 July 2017

The trial court seems to have thoroughly analysed the matter before it.

Defend thru same or another counsel of same and such caliber.

1 Like

DPNa   09 July 2017

Got it! but how long does it take to decide by the appellate court if it has to be heard on merits.

Thanks

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 July 2017

Regret NO prediction.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     09 July 2017

Donot worry. Court decide on merits so contest the case in appeal.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     10 July 2017

I concur with Arjun Kohli's opinion.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     10 July 2017

Query is astrological
1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 July 2017

Your own counsel or another that has examined the case file and practices at higher court can help you.

498aVictim (sdfasf)     13 July 2017

sir, this case is acquitted through discharge at lower court or quash in high court or after trial? thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register