LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Want to Live (NA)     28 March 2013

125 crpc

IS there any way to get the educational proof of my wife through RTI. I only know her date of birth, father/mother name, address,

Thanks & regards

Learning

8 Replies

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     28 March 2013

hello.

do you know her employer ?

regards-

rahul.gogreen@gmail.com

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     28 March 2013

I think it is not possible through RTI.

But you can try RTI. I have not seen anyone doing any research on RTI.

Visit that institute/school/college.

(Guest)

@Querist,

1.Strictly to say, You cannot use RTI(if point number third not applicable). You must know what is RTI and how RTI is used and For what RTI is used.Visit the following link for educational purpose. https://www.rti.gov.in

2.For knowing the educational qualification of your wife, you can make use of 'Social Engineering'.

3.If she is employed in a government organization,then you can make use of RTI.

Social Engineering=Interaction and acquaintances with people nearby.

Note-This reply should be taken as per the declaration given in my profile page.

Thanks,

Regards,

1 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     28 March 2013

1. With the three background information in hand further information sought under RTI Act is like searching needle in haystack.
2. You qualify to apply
only if knowledge of her Education (degree / Diploma / Certificate what was it she / her side told you is known) + which Collage / University or Private Institution (where did she get it which she / her side told you is known) + which city (she ought to have done it from some city where the institution is present) are also known other than her father’s name which you say you know (which is obvious!).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@ newS_Know!!!

I differ to your usage of word ‘strictly..X”

Now as per S. 3 (h) (d) RTI Act, 2005;

- private un-aided schools comes under RTI Act
(say DPS / DAV)

- private Deemed universities comes under RTI Act (all 160 Universities)
- private educational Institutes comes under RTI Act (actual pan India figures not known to me to quote here will update sooner)

Ref.:

Khanapuram Gandaiah v. Administrative Officer  [AIR 2010 SC 615]
+

Bindu Khanna v. Directorate of Education, Govt. of NCT of Delhi
Appeal No.CIC//MA/A/2008/01117 Decision No.5607/IC(A)/2010

[https://www.rti.india.gov.in/cic_decisions/5607_IC_A__2010_M_38229.pdf]

(Guest)

@The senior,

You are absolutely right to the extent of saying that RTI can be used even for private organization when such organization is either controlled by the government body or financially funded by any government body whichever case is applied.

I used the word 'Strictly'  for two reasons-

1.The person who seek information of his wife if working in a private organization,even then his request comes under the section 8(j) of RTI Act 2005 which says-

8.Exemption from disclosure of information. —(/) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, there shall
be no obligation to give any citizen,—

(j) information which relates to personal information the disclosure of which has no relationship to any public
activity or interest, or which would cause unwarranted invasion of the privacy of the individual unless the Central
Public Information Officer or the State Public Information Officer or the appellate authority, as the case may be,
is satisfied that the larger public interest justifies the disclosure of such information:
Provided that the information which cannot be denied to the Parliament or a State Legislature shall not be denied
to any person.

2.The person who request such third party(genral definition and not that given in RTI Act 2005)information has not asked and prove it is in public interest because it's all about maintenance(CRPC) of a private person.

My explanation in light of your cited case respectively

1.The first case shows unwarranted questioning of the decision given by a judge.Thereby appeal fails even though a judge is a public authority ,what to talk of a private body in question.

2.In the second case,the petitioner herself was employed with the private school and that private school was controlled partially by 'Delhi Education Act' meaning Delhi Education authoritive body. The petitioner alleged that the school authority has malafide intention in not providing her with the requested information. There were contention in the statements on the part of school. Paragraph 17 upto 20 needs special emphasis in the decision of CIC.

No information would have been given if she wouldn't have been employed in that school unless otherwise proved it's for larger public interest.

Thank you for raising your difference.

In pursuit to listen you again.

Note-This reply is only for discussion with a/some senior member/members.

Thanks,

Regards,

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     28 March 2013

Agreed.

1. So it all depends on framing of question in reference to context a Application under RTI Act is possible is the agreement now you have with me?

Right or still disagreement exists?

(Guest)

@The Senior,

No disagreement.

Even if I disagree to your statements,neverthless your reply always qualifies to be a value addition.

I just want to say my further opinion-

1.In case of private organization;secrecy is the rule and disclosure is an exception.

2.In case of public organization;Disclosure in the rule and secrecy is an exception.

Note-This reply is only for discussion with a senior member of this legal platform.

Thanks,

Regards,

Want to Live (NA)     30 March 2013

Thanks for the valuable inputs.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register