Obtain Birth Certificate: Sikkim
Newborn babies and those who were born prior to the implementation of the Births & Deaths Registration Act-1969 on 20.08.1979 in the state of Sikkim, are eligible to avail the service.
- The State Government has appointed the concerned authority as the Registrars of Births & Deaths in 32 Centres in the State which are located at the State HQ Gangtok and in all Hospitals & Public Health Centres.
- The informant submits the prescribed filled forms to the Registrar.
- The informant should approach the Registrar for availing the service between 10 AM and 4 PM.
- Discharge certificate from Hospital/PHC/Panchayat report
- Sikkim Subject Certificate/Identification Certificate/Voter ID card/Ration Card/Trade License/Service Certificate etc
- Verification from DC/DM in case of delayed registration
Within 21 days, the certificate is issued free of cost. But in case of delayed registration, late fee is to be paid as per the ACT.
Live Birth Report Form No-1 is to be filled in.
At present, forms cannot be downloaded.
For further information, visit: http://sikkim.nic.in/rbd (External website that opens in a new window).