LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shaher yar   19 January 2024

Additional charge

Hello . Person was posted as head assistant in Fire Service department. He was given additional charge of section officer and performed duties on additional charge for 3 years and retired. However, he was neither given charge allowance nor promotion . 

My question is : 

1. Can he claim promotion as section officer for doing duties on additional charge for 3 years ? 

2. Is there any limitation period to claim charge allowance ? 

Thank you 



 4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 January 2024

If he was given the additional charge by an office order officially then he can claim the additional remuneration or salary for the incharge arrangement.

But why did he not claimed it?

Whether it was a oral arrangement?

If the details are known more opinion can be rendered.

Shaher yar   19 January 2024

Thank you for replying. Additional charge was given officially through a written order . He didn't claim as according to him he is not aware about the relevant rules.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     19 January 2024

The service rules vary from one state to another state.  Usually, 1/5th of pay will be sanctioned by the appointing authority on a request application of the employee given an Additional Charge, if the Additional charge period exceeds 90 days.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 January 2024

He can still make a representation to his employer seeking payment of remuneration for additional charge and the arrears. 

Let the competent authority take a decision,  if the employee's grievances are not addressed then he can contemplate legal action. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register