Delhi Riots- "His Picture Speaks Volumes About His Conduct On That Day": Delhi Court Denies Bail To Shahrukh Pathan, Who Pointed Gun At Cop
WHO IS SHARUKH PATHAN?
- One of the few who were photographed during the infamous Delhi Riots.
- College dropout.
- Booked for attempt to murder, among other charges.
- On 4th February, Karkardooma Court denied bail to Shahrukh Pathan who was accused of majorly participating in the Delhi riots. He was booked for attempt to murder, under the Arms Act along with using criminal force to threaten a public servant from performing his duties.
- Shahrukh was charged with 147, 148, 149, 216, 186, 307, 353 & 34 Section of IPC along with 25 & 27 Section of Arms Act.
- The following statement was given by Additional Sessions Judge Amitabh Rawat: 'The accused is alleged to have participated in the riots and has been duly identified. His picture speaks volumes about the involvement and the conduct of the accused on the said day. What is material is the gravity of the offence and the allegations against the accused which are quite grave and added to it is the conduct of the accused showing that he does not satisfy the triple test for grant of bail”
- The above statement was spoken taking in consideration the viral picture of Shahrukh pointing a gun at a police constable.
- Shahrukh was also accused of allegedly shooting a constable, namely Deepak Dahiya, along with several others under the ambit of chaos on 24th of February. In fact, he was also the first person to be apprehended in connection to the riot case.
SHAHRUKH'S ARGUMENTS BEHIND THE ACT
- It was stated that Shahrukh went 'to save his sister” and did not intend to use the pistol. The stone pelting and further chaos from the other side made him use it in the 'spur of the moment”.
- Shahrukh has clearly stated that his sister was one of the protesters in Jaffarabad. He was never a part of this chaos and had vivid intention to save his sister, when the news of the protest broke out.
- While some neighbors confirmed Shahrukh's statements in a sense of anonymity. On the other hand, some neighbors even stated that he was on bail, three days before the incident.
POLICE ARGUMENTS ON SHAHRUKH
- After Shahrukh's picture went viral, within 24 hours, he fled his house to escape arrest. He constantly changed locations and was finally nabbed at Shamli, Meerut. If he really had an intention to 'save his sister” then why was there a need to run away? A simple confession would have sufficed.
- Shahrukh's father already had two cases registered against him. Firstly, under the NDPS Act and then the second for smuggling fake notes throughout the nation. This suggests his criminal intentions from a former period.
- Police had also found out his link with the Chenu Gang (a known criminal gang in the North-East Delhi) thought the legitimacy of this statement is yet to be confirmed.
DO YOU THINK SHAHRUKH IS INNOCENT? OR IS HE A PART OF SOMETHING GREATER THAN THE PROTEST? TELL US IN THE COMMENTS!!