Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

subhnandan (business man)     09 August 2016

Women property

I am a govt servent holder.we r 4 brother's we have no partition of our fathers property till now. My wife is a house wife she has no income.if I am going to purchase a property like house,plot in her name can it treated as a un divided joint hindu family property or in future it may be created any dispute in future litigatition. Suggest me plz advise

 4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 August 2016

As per your service rules if you have to declare the assets then declare the share from inheritance.

Prefer to gift to your wife with proper record.

Rest check with authorities in your own office and relate with your service rules.


Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     09 August 2016

Well a property which is purchased by a husband in the name of his wifw for the benefit of the wife is protected from the benami transactions act prohibition. Hence it becomes essential to analyse the entire scenario of your family before taking such a step. benami law is very situation sensitive and hence has to compy to certain essential prerequisities.

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law


Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 August 2016

The author has initiated many threads.

Readers/members/experts may  go thru these e.g;

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query