Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

srinivasarao (asst prof)     02 March 2015

Will procedure

sir,

i would like to know

1. my father wrote a will and mentioned about house held by him

2. later a wrote an another will and mentioned about lands owned by him (but not mentioned about house as mentioned in first will.)

both are registered wills and now my father is expired. can we use both first and second wills for claiming and changing rights over the said properties. there is no dispute over these properties. please advice

Learning

4 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     02 March 2015

Those two wills by the same person refers to two different properties.so both are valid

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     02 March 2015

both wills are legally valid.

Thanks,

You can also opt for CLICK TO TALK option for more legal advice on mobile.

P.SARAVANAN (Computer Operator)     02 March 2015

Dear Sir,

How to find our father's Will registration details& Also how to registered in our name in this land will

Thanks& regards,

P.SARAVANAN

From - Nagercoil

Cell: 8220003096

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     08 March 2015

If you have a copy of the registered will with registration seal etc. you can go to concerned registration office apply giving number, date etc. There will be an application fee. If you do not have a registered copy or registration receipt, but you know approximate date and the office of registration you can apply. There would be a search fee. Even in genuine and straightforward cases you may have to make payments under the table. As registration of wills are not mandatory it may be sufficient if you have the original signed will with witnesses and the witnesses are available to depose you can use the will straightaway. In some places in India a probate is mandatory. In order to obtain a probate one will have to apply surrendering the original will. The court will give you registered copies of the will. That is the authority of ownership by the heirs. You engage a property lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register