Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anslem MaGee (Editor)     02 March 2016

Will and testament

Hello learned people,

My grandmother purportedly made a will bequeating all her property to one of her daughters (in spite of them being 9 siblings totally).  We come from a Christian family and it was a property my grandmother got via a gift deed.  We challenged the will in the Honourable District Court as they were grave discrepancies.  We ultimately won the suit and the will was declared as null and void (bogus and fabricated) based on the evidences, witnesses, etc. They happened to challenge it in the Honourable High Court.  In the Honourable High Court, the judgment was passed that she was given the right to sell the property and divide it equally among her siblings.  We thus approached the Honorouble Supreme Court for relief as we felt aggrieved that the right was given to a person who actually tried to swallow up the whole property for herself by fabricating a will.  We filed the suit in August 2007.  In the meantime, in February 2008, they got into a deal with a third party and sold the property by getting it registered in the Subregistrar's office before the notices from the Honourable Supreme Court could reach them, probably not knowing that we had gone for an appeal.

They thus claimed that they bought the property for 12 lakhs and asked us to come and sign the documents and take our meagre share of around 1 lakh plus, which we of course outright rejected.  The property value was at least a couple of crores then.  They have since been residing in the said premises and enjoying all the fruits of the land.

The last we heard from the Honourable Supremet Court was that leave was granted and have not heard heard anything since then (It has been almost 1-1/2 years now).  I would kindly like to know your esteemed input and request you for your kind advice regarding this case of ours.

Thanks and best wishes

Learning

1 Replies

Adv. Digvijay R Singh (ADVOCATE-PRACTICING)     02 March 2016

File contempt proceedings against them N u can also file suit to declare th sale as null n void

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register