LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Praveen Singh (Lawyer)     31 March 2012

Will-ancestral property and self acquired property

A. Whether a self acquired Property of a father given by will by a father to a son becomes ancestral Property of Son which  can not bequethed or it  becomes self acquired property of Son which can be bequethed by son.

B. In case such property is Ancestral Property for son which is not capable of being bequethed request to provide judgements.

C. In case such property is self- acquired Property for son which is capable of bein bequethed request to provided judgements

Learning

6 Replies

SRINIVASA PRASAD Warangal A.P (LEGAL PRACTIONER )     01 April 2012

IT IS NOT SELF ACQURED PROPERTY OF SON

Kishtaiah (Advocate)     06 April 2012

Father's self acquired property transferred to son by way of will is son's exclusive property and is on the same footing of self acquired property.  Son can bequeth, and also could be inherited, if left behind, by the children of son.

SRINIVASA PRASAD Warangal A.P (LEGAL PRACTIONER )     09 April 2012

Mr. Praveen, 

Sorry typing mistake. Mr. Kistaiah right said.

I.S.Roy,Advocate (Advocate)     10 April 2012

Dear Sir

Father's self acquired property transferred to son by virtue of will which is son's exclusive property .  Son can bequeth, and also could be inherited, if left behind, by the children of son.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     26 May 2012

If the learned lawyers are right, what is the meaning of ancestral property?  Does this mean that property transmitted from generation to generation for any number of generations by will only would continue to be self-acquired property, provided it was self-acquired property of the earliest ancestor?  I am not questioning the learned lawyers. I am only trying to understand for myself.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register