LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vishvesh (general manager)     31 July 2013

Will

my mother made a will so that duaghter cannot claim any property. As a duaghter how can i claim my right, if not what is the use of making law?

pooja chavan

kalyan

maharashtra

Learning

6 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     31 July 2013

how can your mother get the property?  is your mother alive? if she alives she may change the will .

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     31 July 2013

If the property belongs to your mother, then it is her 'legal right' to give it to anybody she wants by making a Will, she can give it even to a stranger or begger on the street....  By doing this she is exercising her 'legal right', so neither the son nor daughter have any right to go against it.

vishvesh (general manager)     01 August 2013

respected archana madam

thank you for your prompt reply. My mother died due to cancer. My brothers wife mentally harrased her for property which my mother inherited from my father. She gave false information and created my bad impression in mind of my mother similar tactics she played with me and my husband. I was suffering from TB in this period and almost died because of it. After my mother signed will, her medication was systematically stoped. Will was done in collution with witness and lawyer. She has refused to give me copy of will. Will is not probated.

Please advice me what to do now. If you are staying in kalyan give me your contact number so i can fix appointment with you.

pooja chavan

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     01 August 2013

Okk.... ugly work by your sister in law for the sake of property... Anyways when she has done everything that would appear to be legal, then what should be done now can be adviced only after knowing all the details like when this thing happened and in what way and how it came to be known to you etc. I am not in Kalyan but in Jalgaon. You can consult on email adv.archana@ymail.com or on phone.

surjit singh (Assistant)     01 August 2013

In think in the present case you have got a claim in the matter, since the property originally stood in the name of your father, whether after the death of your father your share in the property was defined or bifurcated, if not then you have a good case to get your share in the property.

vishvesh (general manager)     02 August 2013

respected archana madam and surjit singhji,

thank you for your prompt reply. I got this information through news paper which was having advertisement for transfering property in name of sister in law asking for objection. I have given written objection to kalyan muncipalty and case is referred to their legal dept. My brother has refused to give me copy of will and hence i want to challenge it in court of law. Please guide me regarding it.

pooja chavan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register